There are three main types of printer cartridges – the original cartridges (also known as original equipment manufacturer or OEM cartridges), compatible cartridges, and remanufactured cartridges. Each of these has its own advantages and unique features, and will suit different requirements.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Cartridges
Also called as branded or genuine cartridges. They produce high quality prints and lasts longer. They also come with a warranty and are guaranteed to work with their specific printer model.
Compatible cartridges are produced by third party manufacturers, they are much cheaper and are compatible with many type of printers. Most printers function with compatible printers. But we have to be careful as they may affect the printer components.
They are basically recycled cartridges. Basically, they could be empty cartridges that are professionally cleaned out and refilled with new ink or new units built from the old cartridge.
This is the most cost-effective option and also will not affect the printer components compared to Compatible cartridges
- Different Types of Printer Cartridges
- The Ultimate Guide To Renting And Leasing Copiers In Australia
- DDS Group offers flexible print and photocopier leasing plans for businesses
- Axia Office brings the award-winning advantage of Sharp MX-2651 for small & mid-sized businesses
- Different Types of Ink Cartridges and Toner Cartridges